TuileriesRegular price $ 135.00
Floral & Fruity Chypre
For its 380th anniversary, Trudon dives back into history and launches a new collection named Tuileries. The new scent – available in two candle sizes and a diffuser – harkens back to the time of Marie Antoinette.
The Tuileries collection finds its inspiration in a rare document kept at the French National Archives: the Gazette des Atours de la Reine. In what seems like an ordinary notebook, countess Geneviève d’Ossun – a French courtier who served as lady-in-waiting and first maid of honor to Marie Antoinette – gathered fabric samples used to tailor the sovereigns’ many dresses and royal outfits. In the notebook it was also discovered that the Queen’s favorite flower throughout her life was the rose.
The Tuileries fragrance was conceived as an homage to the rose, along with a perfect balance of delicious fresh fruit notes and deep woods.
Notes: pink peppercorn, blackcurrant, mandarin, white flowers, raspberry, geranium, rose, musk, patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla
Sizes: Tuileries comes in two sizes. The Classic Candle fits all occasions, perfumes each and every room, and is the most iconic.
Classic candle dimensions H: 10,5 cm Ø: 9 cm, weight 270g / 9.5 oz., burn time 55 to 60 hours.
The Petite Candle is quite the ideal companion. An easy size for travel, it blends in wherever it goes and makes the perfect gift.
Petit candle dimensions H: 6,5 cm Ø: 5,5 cm / 2.5 oz., burn time is 18 to 20 hours.
All candles are manufactured at the Trudon workshop in Normandy, France, using unrivaled know-how inherited from master candle makers.
- In order to get the most out of your candle, burn it until the entire surface of the candle melts.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle for more than 2 hours at a time during the first third of the candle and 1 hour at a time during the remaining.
- Do not leaveburning candle unattended. Do not set in a draft. Keep away from children, curtains and pets.
- Should the wick require centering, gently readjust to correct position when the wax is still molten. Allow candle to solidify before relighting.
- Should any black smoke appear, trim the tip of the wick. It should be clean and no longer than 5mm at all times.
- Always protect the table or surface on which the candle rests (with a wood or ceramic plate, for example).
- Do not burn your candle all the way down. Always leave at least 5 mm of non-molten wax at the bottom.
- Keep your candle in a dry and temperate environment, between 60 and 80° F.
- The first use of your candle should ideally occur within two months after purchase.